Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My 5 delicious books!

1. Angels & Demons : I would definitely eat this book up because I fell in love with the main character Robert Langdon. His intelligence and his ability to get out of life threatening situations and solve mysteries made me unable to put down this book. Also, this book was interesting because it included many Renaissance and religious references, which made the story that much more interesting.


2. Vanity Fair - I would eat up Vanity Fair for many different reasons. First, they have amazing ads for designers but also include articles from peoples personal experiences. They include life threatening experiences and sad stories of what people have gone through. Also, the publishers also include celebrities biographies which i enjoy reading. I adore this magazine because it is a magazine with lots of variety and not just a regular gossip magazine.


3. Life of Pi - I would eat up Life of Pi not for good reasons but for the total opposites. I thought this book was horrible and I would not recommend it to anyone. I didn't like this book at all because I thought the pages dragged on forever about nothing. I also thought the main character, Pi, began to become annoying and repetitive. He also talked about boring topics about his feelings. At the end it grew so confusing about the animals and how they symbolize his family. All in all, I hated this book.


4. The DaVinci Code - I would have to say this would be my favorite book next to Angels & Demons. This book was so good because it kept my attention the whole way through. I read this book while I was in Cuba and I couldn't put it down. I thought this book was amazing because it made me question everything that happened, and in the end all the characters ended up being the opposite of what I believed. I loved the fact that this book included the Vatican, Pope's, and a secret brotherhood the Illuminati.


5. Twelfth Night - Unlike other people, I actually like reading Shakespeare. I thought Twelfth Night was not only a easy read but also quiet funny. I found Feste, the jester to be the funniest because he would always be up to some scheming. Although he was the jester he seemed to be the most intelligent person in the house. I also found the love between Olivia and Orsino quiet interesting because of how hard they try to understand each other and be together.

No comments:

Post a Comment